His/her role will be to provide support in writing winning proposals for tenders issued by the European institutions under the lead of our bid managers. Concretely, he/she will develop interesting and comprehensive tender proposals pulling together factual information gathered from a variety of sources. The ideal candidate:
- has excellent proven French writing/literacy skills with an extensive vocabulary - native or equivalent;
- has a strong eye for detail with excellent editing and proofing skills;
- has a sound knowledge of PR / Strategic communication / and a background as a journalist
- has outstanding research, analytical and synoptic skills;
- has a good understanding of and interest in the workings of the EU institutions, preferably has experience in EU institution projects;
- possesses excellent interview and networking skills in order to retrieve accurate, high quality information from partners, subcontractors and staff-members involved in the tender proposal;
- has the ability to structure proposals and case studies, reshape existing content and generate new approaches and methodologies customised to the tender requirements;
- writes effective, concise and compelling content, and can develop coherent and tailored responses;
- thrives in a busy environment and is deadline-driven with effective time management skills;
- is able to multitask and prioritise workloads;
- is good at working as part of a team;
- preferably also speaks English;
- is able to work as a freelance and has partial availability to start contributing to tenders over the coming months.
Action works on a steady basis with a number of trusted freelance bid writers who are an integral part of the team. The company’s bid writers are called upon in function of the workload and depending on their experience in specific policy areas. The goal is to develop a long-term trusted relationship, as a certain degree of exclusivity in bid writing is preferable given the sensitive nature of the EU-tender business. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced writer/journalist or analyst to become a trusted bid writer within a company that is one of the market leaders in its field. If you are an experienced writer seeking a new and exciting challenge with development opportunities, then this could be the role for you. Please send your CV and motivation letter by email to the attention of Katia Maronati at firstname.lastname@example.org
with reference “Methodology writer” followed by your name in the subject line.